10 Things I Learned In 2020
Happy New Year's Eve!
We finally made it, friends.
2020 is somehow coming to a close and we’re about to jump into 2021.
I’m excited to start a new year. Sure, 2020 has been difficult but there was also a lot of good that happened.
2020 was a year of growth for me personally. I never chose a word for the year but if I had it would have been growth.
God made me uncomfortable this year and He used it to grow my faith and taught me to walk closer to Him. A few things I’ve learned:
1. God turned my desperation into dedication. He showed me areas of my heart that I was desperate in that needed to be dedicated. Dedicated to growing closer to Him through my struggles.
2. I learned to stop worrying about what other people think about me.
3. That I love business. I started my own graphic design business mid-pandemic and have had a healthy flow of clients every single month without fail.
4. Health + wellness is important and taking care of the bodies God has given us is something we should make a top priority.
5. I love traveling and want to do more of it especially as a family. Our little family means everything to me.
6. Life can change in a moment so cherish every moment without fretting over things that won’t matter in the grand scheme of things.
7. Stepping into your God given talents and calling is difficult but worth it.
8. To say “no” and set boundaries where they needed to be set.
9. That being alone sometimes is not only healthy, but good for my mental health (and I kind of enjoy time alone from time to time). Can you fellow extroverts relate?
10. That life’s too short to not wear the sequined dress, fun lipstick, and cute outfits even if you’re just home chasing kids all day.
More than anything, I’ve seen how desperately I need Jesus every day. He corrects me, encourages me, takes care of me, and loves me deeply despite my many, many, MANY flaws. I praise Him for all He has done in my life!
What is one thing God has taught you this year?
Praying 2021 is your best year yet! I appreciate you being here on my little corner of the Internet. ☕️