20 Things You May Not Know About Me
Since starting this blog almost FIVE months ago, I decided it was time to do an "All About Me" post as I have gained more followers and readers! Thank you, by the way, for being a loyal reader and/or follower of the Cold Coffee & Cotton Stems Community! I hope you find encouragement here in the midst of all the discouragement you may face in the world!
I would love to know more about you and connect with you through social media or email! Shoot me a message and say, hey! Do we have similar interests?! I would like to know!
1. I love Jesus! My faith is in Jesus Christ and I try my best to follow Him according to His word. I fail Him a whole lot, but I am grateful He uses me despite my many flaws.
2. I am married to the most amazing man alive... really! I adore my husband and one of my favorite titles is "wife". We've been married for three years and together for five years total. I couldn't have hand-designed a better man. I am crazy about my guy!
3. My other favorite title besides christian and wife is mama! I have a beautiful, hilarious, and sassy daughter named Emmeline and a sweet, cute, smiley mama's boy named Walker James! They are both March babies and are almost exactly two-years apart (March, 5th and March, 31st)! We are happy as a family of four and will not be having any more babies in case you were wondering. :)
4. I am a stay-at-home-work-at-home Mama! It isn't always easy or fun but I am very thankful to be home with my babies everyday! I never thought I would want to be a stay-at-home mom, but here we are and I love it... well most days... there are some days that I tell my husband that I have reached my wits end and I can't take it another second... but mostly I really love it! Ha!
5. I work from home for Kidding Around Greenville. I am the Sales Outreach Representative and I sell awesome digital ads, print ads, and all kinds of fun stuff! We are known and LOVED in the Greenville/Spartanburg (SC) Metro area and I love my job! If you live or are traveling to the area, our website will give you all the information you need to have an amazing time here! From the best kid-friendly activities to guides to the city we've got you covered! Check out our website(s) at www.kiddingaroundgreenville.com or www.kiddingaroundspartanburg.com.
6. I am currently working on building my brand as a blogger as I want to encourage women in all seasons of life. My blog/platform is not only for mamas and wives, but for women who simply need encouragement! My dream is to eventually speak at conferences and host a thriving podcast! Currently, I am working on a FREE seven-day devotional for all my readers!
7. I am an aspiring runner! I run 1.5 miles each evening after dinner and it is a great way to relieve stress! I plan on running my first 5K in September.
8. I love pizza and fresh Mexican food! I have always been slightly obsessed with pizza and good Mexican food. I will never not be in the mood for pizza and or Mexican food. This had to be #8 because I run to burn off the pizza and Mexican food. My favorite pizza is white pizza with spinach, tomatoes and lots of parmesan!
9. I love target! We have a Target close by that I frequent... and by frequent I mean that I am there twice...um... three times a week. If we are out of anything that can be purchased at Target that is where you will find me! They truly have the best quality "stuff" for a reasonable price! Oh Target, how I love you!
10. I love thrift shopping! While I enjoy going to the mall every once in a while, I reeeally enjoy thrift shopping. We have several local thrift barns that I enjoy going too and I am always down for browsing at Goodwill or The Salvation Army! I have stumbled across like-new furniture, books, home decor, and even clothing when I am lucky!
11. I am OCD. I thrive when things are orderly and clean and in their proper places. I haven't always been this way, but since I got married and had kids, I have turned into a Type A person. I have to make my bed every morning, straighten the pillows, pick-up the toys, and do all the things or I feel like I can't focus.
12. My favorite place to vacation is the beach! Specifically, Panama City Beach, Florida! I love the crystal clear waters and the white sandy beaches.
13. My hometown is Asheville, North Carolina but we currently live in Greenville, South Carolina and we LOVE it!
14. I am a homebody! I enjoy traveling and going out but I really like to be home in my comfy yoga pants watching The Office with my husband! We are very simple people.
15. I have to have my morning coffee. I drink one, sometimes two, cups of half-caffeinated coffee every morning with a little sugar and a good bit of half n' half. You don't want to know what happens if I don't have my coffee.
16. I would love to retire somewhere in the deep south and sip sweet tea in my rocking chair on my wide front porch until I die and go to Heaven. The South will forever be my home and my favorite place to be!
17. I am really passionate about marriage and I am always trying to go the extra mile in my marriage whether that be by planning a fun date night or finding a good book on marriage to read with my husband.
18. We live debt free! After we became acquainted with Dave Ramsey and his Total Money Makeover ideas and practices, we were hooked! For all my fellow Dave Ramsey fans, we are on baby step number three and are happy to be consumer debt free!
19. I love to live life to the fullest! I am a work in progress when it comes to letting go and enjoying this wonderful life God has given me without reservation, but I am trying! I don't want to waste a single day of my life wishing I would have done something so I try to let my spontaneous and fun side come out knock things off of my bucket list!
20. I love Christmas! Christmas is my favorite time of year and I always look forward to celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, spending time with family, and decorating for the holiday!